SOT 14x1.25" Rotor 6 Piston Forged Aluminum Caliper System - Trailing Mount
This maximum performance system is a must for serious street machines and high horsepower track cars. Utilizing a deeper hat offset this system is a direct bolt on to '65-73 Mustang DRUM or DISC spindles & '75-80 Granada spindles. Fits 18" wheels or larger.
14x1.25" Rotor 6 Piston Forged Aluminum Caliper Brake System
Disc brake conversion kit for 1964-73 Mustangs and other Fords.
Available for 65-73 DRUM, 68-73 DISC & 75-80 Granada spindles. Retains OE track width.
Offering maximum performance this system is a must for serious street machines and high horsepower track cars. Utilizing a deeper hat offset this system is a direct bolt on to 65-73 DRUM, 68-73 DISC (OEM & TCP Spindle) & 75-80 Granada spindles.
This complete brake system offers the highest level of performance available. Using heavy duty directional vane 14 x 1.25" rotors that mount to an aluminum hat this system offers great weight savings and exceptional cooling. Stress flow forged aluminum calipers with 6 stainless steel pistons accept .800" thick pads in a variety of compounds.
Now featuring our Billet Steel Hubs!
Click HERE for more information.
- 2 x Forged aluminum 6 piston, radial mount calipers, powder coated bright red or gloss black.
- 2 x 14" x 1.25" 2-piece heavy duty rotors with 36 directional cooling vanes mount to aluminum hats.
- 2 x Billet steel hubs machined from heat treated 4140. Screw on dust caps included (stock type dust cap can also be used if desired). Fitted with bearing races and standard length wheel studs (so you can use closed end lug nuts). 3" long ARP studs and open ended lug nuts available as an optional extra.
- 2 x Billet spindle/caliper mounting brackets. CAD designed and CNC machined.
- 2 x Timken inner bearings.
- 2 x Timken outer bearings.
- 2 x Timken inner dust seals.
- 2 x Stainless steel braided brake hoses complete with all adapters to connect to caliper and stock hard lines. Hoses meet DOT MVSS-106 requirements.
- 2 x Castle nuts (70-73 spindles use nut and castle style nut retainer).
- 2 x Cotter pins.
- Grade 8 bolts and all the hardware to install the kit.
- ARP 3" long wheel studs
- Big spindle kit
All kits are custom built to your exact specifications. If you are in a rush, please contact us to confirm current build time.
|Why use such a large rotor? Well, simply put, heat. The friction created by braking creates heat and the more and harder you brake the more heat is generated. All that heat has to go somewhere and if the 'heat-sink' (rotor) gets so hot it can no longer absorb and shed heat then the heat will conduct and convect to other components. These other components will include brake fluid and wheel bearings, not places you want increased heat. The problem with large rotors is weight. All that weight is unsprung which will affect suspension performance and increase stopping distances.|
The rotor we use in this kit provides the best of both worlds. Increased thermal mass due to its diameter and thickness yet lighter weight when mounted to an aluminum hat. Maximizing the size of the aluminum hat and minimizing the iron rotor ring to only the pad swept area reduces the weight of the entire rotor/hat assembly to only 15lbs 10oz's per side. The wide air gap of this rotor promotes more airflow and sheds massive amounts of heat keeping brake temperatures in check.
|Caliper mounting brackets:|
EduardoI considered other brands in the beginning, but after reading the differences I'm glad I chose these.
If you plan to drive hard or plan to track your car, don't cheap out your brakes!Street or Track LLCFeb 16, 2022, 07:18Eduardo,
Thank you for your support and kind words!