Street or Track 12x1.25" Rotor 4 Piston Forged Aluminum Caliper Brake System
Forged calipers, huge rotors AND fits under 15" wheels. Maximum performance for your street or track car.
12x1.25" Rotor 4 Piston Forged Aluminum Caliper Brake System for DRUM Spindles
Disc brake conversion kit for 1964-73 Mustangs.
Using only premium components, this complete 'turn-key' brake system offers the highest level of performance available for 15" wheels. Using heavy duty directional vane 12" x 1.25" rotors mounted to an aluminum hat this system offers great weight savings and exceptional cooling. Stress flow forged aluminum calipers with 4 stainless steel pistons accept .800" thick pads in a variety of compounds. Our custom spindle bracket requires no modification to your DRUM spindles and enables the kit to fit popular wheels.
Now featuring our billet steel hubs!
Click HERE for more information.
Please download and use the wheel fitment template:
Fits 65-73 Mustangs, Falcons and other Fords that used the same spindles. Direct bolt on to 65-73 Mustang V8 OE drum spindles (65-67 any spindle, 68-73 drum version only). Retains OE track width and enables use of 15x7 (or larger) vintage style & backspace wheels without spacers or modifications.
- 2 x Forged aluminum 4 piston calipers, powder coated bright red or gloss black.
- 2 x 12" x 1.25" 2-piece heavy duty rotors with 36 directional cooling vanes mount to aluminum hats.
- 2 x Billet steel hubs machined from heat treated 4140. Screw on dust caps included (stock type dust cap can also be used if desired). Fitted with bearing races and standard length wheel studs (so you can use closed end lug nuts). 3" long ARP studs and open ended lug nuts available as an optional extra.
- 2 x Billet spindle/caliper mounting brackets. CAD designed and CNC machined.
- 2 x Timken inner bearings.
- 2 x Timken outer bearings.
- 2 x Timken inner dust seals.
- 2 x Stainless steel braided brake hoses complete with all adapters to connect to caliper and stock hard lines. Hoses meet DOT MVSS-106 requirements.
- 2 x Castle nuts (70-73 spindles use nut and castle style nut retainer).
- 2 x Cotter pins.
- Grade 8 bolts and all the hardware to install the kit.
- ARP 3" long wheel studs
- Big spindle kit
All kits are custom built to your exact specifications. If you are in a rush, please contact us to confirm current build time
|Why use such a large rotor? Well, simply put, heat. The friction created by braking creates heat and the more and harder you brake the more heat is generated. All that heat has to go somewhere and if the 'heat-sink' (rotor) gets so hot it can no longer absorb heat then the heat will migrate to other components. These other components will include brake fluid and wheel bearings, not places you want increased heat. The problem with large rotors is weight. All that weight is unsprung which will affect suspension performance and increase stopping distances.|
The rotor we use in this kit provides the best of both worlds. Increased thermal mass due to its diameter and thickness yet lighter weight when mounted to an aluminum hat. In fact, the rotor, aluminum hat, hub and stud combination used in this kit is 3lbs lighter than a standard 1970 Mustang rotor! Additionally the increased width of this rotor allows the cooling vanes to be wider resulting in more airflow for cooling.
|Caliper mounting brackets:|