Street or Track 12'' Rear Disk Brake Kit
Rear disc brake conversion kit for 8" or 9" small, big or Torino bearing rear ends!
Fits 16" wheels or larger.
Street or Track 12" Rear Disc Brake System
Disc brake conversion kit for 1964-73 Mustangs with 8" & 9" rear ends.
Kits available for 8" or 9" small, big or late (Torino) bearing ends with 2.5" axle offset - select below under options. Requires no modifications! Retains OE track width and fits 16" (or larger) vintage style & backspace wheels without spacers or modifications.
Watch the short YouTube video to the left to see how simple the installation can be.
Please use the template below to check wheel fitment:
- 2 x 4 piston forged aluminum calipers & metallic pads - powder coated gloss red or gloss black.
- 2 x Parking brake mechanism's.
- 2 x Caliper mounting brackets. CNC machined from billet aluminum, hard anodized black. The design of these is such that installation does not require the axle bearing to be removed.
- 2 x 12" diameter gas vented rotors.
- 2 x Stainless braided flex hoses with adapters to connect to the OE hard line and mounting hardware to connect hose to axle tube. Hoses meet DOT MVSS-106 requirements.
- Parking brake cables.
- Selection of quality fasteners to install the kit.
- Detailed instructions.
Due to the extensive choice of options, all kits are custom built. Usually built & shipped in 1-2 weeks but please contact us to confirm current build time if you are in a rush!
Don't know what rear end you have? Measure your axle end flange, axle standoff and rotor register using the diagrams below:
TimoThe brakes were done just before the Nationals and I have to say I am really happy with them. A BIG difference to what I use to have. I just wanted to let you know that all went well. Thanks again for super service.
Kevin M.The rear brake setup is working out great! It is quite fun to drive the car again with confidence.
Neal W.I am running these in conjunction with the 13" front disk brake kit. What a an awesome combination. Not only do they look great, but the fade free stopping power is just incredible. The instructions were very detailed, and installation was a piece of cake. The kit included all the necessary hardware.