Bilstein front shock for 64-66 Mustang - Race valving
Vintage Mustang specific custom tuned Race valving is ideal for 700-1000lb spring rates. Recommended for full-time track vehicles.
Of all a vehicle's suspension components, nothing works harder than the shock absorbers, making it critical to pick the right one. Bilstein Shock Absorbers are the least expensive, fastest way, to dramatically improve the ride, handling and control of a vehicle.
Digressive Working Piston Assembly
The piston head design allows independent tuning of the compression and rebound damping forces to provide optimum ride comfort and performance without compromise. It features fewer parts than most conventional twin tube and so call "adjustable" shock designs. This simple, yet exceptional functional digressive design contributes to the extreme durability and long life of Bilstein Shock Absorbers.
The photo below dramatically illustrates the size difference between the working piston inside a Bilstein monotube shock and one found in a typical "twin tube" shock.
Mono Tube versus Twin Tube
The Bilstein has a 228% larger surface than the average conventional twin tube piston offering greater sensitivity and superior vehicle control.
- Vintage Mustang specific custom tuned Race valving is ideal for 700-1000lb spring rates. Recommended for full-time track vehicles.
- The Ultimate in Comfort & Control.
- Direct Bolt-In.
- Works on lowered applications.
- Mono Tube Design, means a much larger working piston diameter.
- Seamless Tube by a special extrusion method.
- Deflective Disc Valving.
- Split compression and rebound valving, to soften the ride and control the bounce.
- Hard Chromed Piston Rod
- No springs or check valves to wear out
- Mono Tube Design allows the excessive heat from the oil to dissipate more quickly.
- Separated dividing piston holds pressure on the oil to prevent aeration (foaming) that leads to performance loss.
- The last shock, you will ever have to buy.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.